The Benefits Of Carpet Cleaning
You are probably like most people and had carpet installed in your home because of its comfort and appearance. While carpet is an excellent choice for flooring, it is extremely important that you properly care for the carpet with routine maintenance. Along with regular vacuuming and spot cleaning, it is equally important to have the carpet in your home professionally cleaned. Not only will professional cleaning help to extend the life of your carpet, but here are just a few of the other benefits you can expect from having your carpet cleaned.
Installing carpet in your home can be quite an investment, so it is important to protect your investment by properly caring for it. Daily maintenance and routine cleanings will help to ensure that your carpet, as well as your home, is fresh, clean and healthy.
What are the benefits?
Eliminating dust mites
Although invisible to the human eye, dust mites most certainly exist and are commonly found in the home. The body pieces and faeces of dust mites are allergens which can cause people to suffer from nasty allergies if not removed. Steam cleaning carpets kills dust mites that are often embedded in the carpet by blasting them at high temperatures and proves an extremely effective way to remove them once and for all!
Removing trapped pollutants
Pollutants can take many forms, some that become trapped in your carpet can include insect allergens, pet dander (flecks of skin shed from animals), everyday dust and dirt, and even traces of lead! Everyday activities such as vacuuming or even just walking across the carpet can release toxic airborne gases, contaminating your home. If these toxic gases enter your body, you could experience a deterioration in your health. Professional carpet cleaners use specialist shampooing formulas to remove the trapped pollutants, regardless of how deep they may be trapped.
Prevent mould growth
Commonly found in homes with high humidity levels, standing water will soak into carpet fibres and encourage the growth of mould which can lead to health risks such as respiratory problems. A professional carpet clean includes a drying element which removes any moisture left behind, removing any mould that was there previously and helping prevent any new growths from appearing.
How does deep carpet cleaning work?
There are a few different methods for deep carpet cleaning, and the method used will depend on the type (or types) of issue. Your carpet cleaners might use:
- Spot cleaning – The really old or really tough stains might need some extra elbow grease. In these cases, spot cleaning prior to a whole carpet clean better reduces the appearance of stains.
- Steam cleaning – this method uses high-pressure hot water to remove dirt from carpet fibres. It will typically involve using a cleansing agent on the carpet, which is then agitated (by brushes/bristles) to release the trapped dirt. The carpet will then be thoroughly rinsed and left to dry at room temperature.
- Encapsulation – this is the new and improved version of traditional carpet shampooing. It uses synthetic foam detergents that turn to powder as they dry. Particles of dirt are trapped in the powder, which is brushed or vacuumed off. This method uses less water and has less drying time than carpet shampooing, so has become a more popular option.
- Dry carpet cleaning – also known as compound cleaning, dry carpet cleaning uses dry chemical cleaning treatments. This means no sticky soaps or detergents, a lot less water and a very short drying time. Traditional carpet cleaning requires thorough ventilation to allow the carpet to dry, in order to prevent mildew and mould growth. Dry carpet cleaning eliminates this hassle.
FREQUENCY IS KING
Before even considering whether or not you should hire a professional to clean your carpets or simply do it youself, you should consider how frequently you should be cleaning your carpets.
Cleaning frequency is the most important factor when it comes to maintaining a carpet like the day it was bought.
Advantages of Carpet Cleaning
- Extends the life of your carpet
- Contributes to a healthier environment
- Complete removal of dirt and bacteria
- Eliminates Carpet Stains
- No Residues
- Reduces Traffic Lane Effects
- Enhances overall appearance of the room
While one may not notice it at first, over time the room can look dirty and outdated just by the carpet’s condition. carpet cleaning can keep not only the fibers looking new but improve the aesthetics of the room.